Understand and learn how best to use Australian Standards™ available in your FireMate Mobile App.
Product: FireMate Mobile
- When to use this feature
- What Australian Standards™ are available?
- How to locate the Australian Standards™ on FireMate Mobile
- How to search the Australian Standards™ on FireMate Mobile
- How to view the Australian Standards™ extract during a Routine Activity
When to use this feature
Staff members with FireMate mobile access will have the ability to review Australian Standards™ via their mobile app at any point in time.
Staff members can use this feature when inspecting and maintaining fire protection equipment or as needed.
The mobile device must have sufficient internet connectivity to access the Standards available on the FireMate Mobile.
Be sure to check out Using the Australian Standards™ in FireMate Desktop!
What Australian Standards™ are available
The below standards are available for access via the FireMate Mobile.
- AS 1851-2012
Routine service of fire protection systems and equipment
- AS 5062:2016
Fire protection for mobile and transportable equipment
- AS/NZS 2293.2:2019
Emergency lighting and exit signs for buildings
Please note: We’re currently working closely with Standards Australia to digitise and deliver additional standards to the available list.
How to locate the Australian Standards™
To locate the Australian Standards™ on FireMate Mobile:
- Select the [Standards] button available on the FireMate mobile dashboard.
- Select the Australian Standards™ available in the list provided
How to search the Australian Standards™
Easily search the Standards by following the below steps:
- While viewing the standards in FireMate mobile, select the magnifying glass icon to search the document.
- Enter a keyword and select [Enter] or [Return] to view the results of this search
- Use the arrow keys to navigate the results
- Cancel at anytime
How to view an Australian Standard extract during a Routine Activity
To view an extract of an applicable Australian Standards™ during a Routine Activity:
- Select [Fail]
- Select the underlined "Action". The relevant Australian Standard extract will appear in a dialogue box.
3. Select [Ok] to close out of the dialogue box.