Learn how to create a Customer in FireMate!
Product: FireMate Desktop
- Customer Overview
- Customer Details
- Notes and Attachments
In order to service your Customer's properties, you first need to set up your Customer within FireMate. A Customer represents the business in which you engage to provide maintenance services. A Customer is then set up with one or more Contracts that relate to the Properties being serviced. Customers are then invoiced for services rendered.
- From your FireMate Navigation menu, select [New...], then select [Customer]
- A blank Customer card will pop up, please enter the "Customer Name" within the blank field.
- Once the name has been entered, you can add required information such as phone number, email address etc.
Hovering over headers provides tips on how this field should be completed
- Select [Address] Tab
- To add an address, select [Create New Address...]
- From the "Address Type" drop down you can select the type of address, Postal Address, Physical Address, Billing Address.
- Select [Quotes, Invoicing & Delivery] Tab
- To choose an entity for each section, select from the drop down.
- Select [Save] from the bottom right.
Now you have the mandatory field completed, additional detail be added such as Contacts, Notes and Attachments.
- Select [Contact] Tab
- Create New Contact or Find Contacts - Both are located at the bottom of the Contacts screen.
Contacts within your Customer Contact list should be specific to your Customer i.e. Director or Accountant
Create New Contact
- To create new contacts, select [Create New Contacts]. The contact details page will then show. You can complete the following fields:
- Contact Type: There are 6 contact types you can select. The types are Primary, Secondary, Admin, Accounts, Operations, Portal User. This option helps you identify the type of contact and this can be based on their role or how you wish to contact them, but it does not create any rules or actions based on what you select.
- You can enter the First Name, Last Name, Phone, Mobile, Fax, Company, Position, Date of Birth, and Email. Not all fields are required but you need to make sure any details you do provide are correct and in the right format. For example, an email is an email, a phone number is in the right format, etc.
- Contact Status: The contact status will be active unless the contact is no longer available or does not wish to be contacted, in which case you can change the status to inactive.
There is a checkbox available on the contact details screen stating "Show this Contact in the Recipients list when manually sending Quotes and Invoices"
If Users are opted to receive emails for different activities then this checkbox needs to be a tick. If users untick the checkbox, then customers will not receive the emails.
This doesn't affect any Auto Report or Scheduled Reporting emails.
- To find a contact already entered within FireMate, select [Find Contacts]. The Master Search will then appear with contact Item prepopulated.
- Enter relevant details i.e., name or telephone number
- Select [Search] and based on the filtered criteria the list of contacts will display.
- Select the required contact and select [Add Contact(s) to Customer ID**]
- The selected contact details will then be added to the customer.
Once the customer contacts have been added, Users can also perform below two actions:
- Edit Contact Details: Users can edit existing contacts. Select the existing contact then [Edit Contact Details]
- Remove: Users can remove the existing contact or contacts from the current location. Select the existing contact details from the contacts screen, then [Remove] will be activated and display at the bottom of the contact screen.
Notes & Attachment
If you have any notes or documents that are applicable to the Customer, this can be added via the [Notes] and [Attachment] Tabs.
- Select [New Note]
- You can then enter your note within the "Note Description" field
- Select the type of note and if this requires a start or expiry date.
- Select [Save]
- Select [New Attachment]
- Select [Browse] and select the document.
- You can then update the name of the attachment and description within the "Name" and "Description" fields
- Select [Save]