Track particular information of an asset by creating your own fields using the User-Defined Field Label.
Product: FireMate Desktop
- When to create User-Defined Fields Labels
- Locate User-Defined Field Labels
- Create User-Defined Field Labels
- Example of User-Defined Field Labels
- Reports which display User-Defined Field Labels
When to create User-Defined Field Labels
User-Defined Field Labels are used to capture specific information for assets related to the product type. A User-Defined Field Label allows you to create fields to enter specific information for an asset. This could be information such as manufacture dates or warranty periods.
Locate User-Defined Field Labels
- From your FireMate navigation menu, select [Admin]
- From the dropdown, select [Products]
- From the dialogue box, scroll and select the product you would like to add a User-Defined Field Label to. The lower half of the dialogue box will display "User-Defined Field Labels" on the right-hand side.
Create User-Defined Field Labels
- After locating the User-Defined Field Labels, select an empty field from the list of six available.
- Type the name of the User-Defined Field Labels you would like to see reflected throughout FireMate for assets related to this product.
- Select the correct "Data Type" you would like to apply to this User-Defined Field Label.
- Select [Text] to allow any text type to be entered into the field
- Select [Date] to only allow a date to be entered into the field
- Select [Number] to only allow a number to be entered into the field
- Select [Save]
Add up to six (6) User-Defined Field Labels to an existing product in FireMate, and up to 12 User-Defined Field Labels for custom products.
Example of User-Defined Field Labels
We have created User-Defined Field Labels named "Lock Type", "Closer Type", "Solid Core", "Door Size", "External Gate" and "Door Swing (in or out)" to the "Exit Doors" product related to the "Fire, Smoke & Exit Doors" System and Equipment type.
After creating a Customer, Contract and Property, I add the "Fire, Smoke & Exit Doors" system and equipment type, along with the "Exit Doors" product.
From here, I can select the [Assets] tab and add assets to the "Fire Extinguishers" product. To enter data into the User-Defined Field Labels, I select an asset from the list and select [Edit Asset Details].
Double-click an asset from the list to view the asset details
A dialogue box will display the details of this asset. Enter the information required into the available fields, including User-Defined Field Labels and select [Save].
Reports which display User-Defined Field Labels
User-Defined Field Labels will display on the following reports:
- Asset Register
Want to see User-Defined Fields on another report? Send us a request today. Be sure to mention the name of the report you would like to see the field display on.
View/Export entries in the User-Defined Fields on Products
- Select [Search] from the FireMate navigation bar
- Select [Assets] from the dropdown
- Select an option from the "System and Equipment Type" list
- Select an option from the "Product Type" dropdown
- optionally apply the other filters available
- Select [Search]
- You can now view or export the results which will include the User-Defined Field Labels.